August 02, 2008

Up With Hats

What to do on an incredibly hot summer day at the ranch? Why, finish a lovely wool beret and take pictures out in the yard! Yes, I am on a hat roll--three in two months! (Okay, not quite a roll, but fun nonetheless.)
The green stripe might look familiar--it's the same tweedy green Cascade 220 as my owl hat, but paired with a lovely hot pink tweedy Cascade 220. As you might notice, I have a bit of a thing for Cascade 220.
Pattern: House Beret from Charmed Knits by Alison Hansel
Yarn: Cascade 220 in green and hot pink tweed
Needles: Ribbing on 7s and rest of hat on 8s

I just can't wait until it gets hot enough to wear my new hats! The beauty of this hat is that it fits over an updo--my owl hat is a bit of a beanie. Anyway, more hats will surely come, but my goal before my one-year knitting anniversary is to start a sock.

1 comment:

Dan and Lynn said...

Very fun hat, Amanda!!! i can never keep hats on my head with all my hair but I love scarfs... maybe I should commission you to make me onw before you get too famous! Love,
Lynn