August 21, 2008

Lumpy Luke

Whew. My first two days are over, so I've met all the kids in my six classes. I am beat. I can barely move my fingers over the keyboard.

A highlight: Last year, a class I took gave me a great idea for meeting all the kids and remembering their names--we play a game, where each kid comes up with an alliterative adjective for their name (like amazing Amanda), and then we toss a ball around sharing our names and adjectives. The catch? You have to state everyone else who has gone before you. I always go last, and have to remember every kid. It works like a charm, and goes a long way toward helping me remember their names, and for the kids to learn what alliteration is. I always have some classics, including the title, and this year's best were: Cuckoo-for-cocoa-puffs Kyle, Nocturnal Nate, Mouthy Melinda (uh-oh!), Zesty Zach, Shocking Shawn, Shy Chy, and Royal Randy. Disclaimer: the kids seriously all chose those adjectives themselves!

What alliterative adjective would you have connected with your name?

1 comment:

Hannah said...

halitosis hannah is memorable, but not a great first impression