July 01, 2008

A Trip to Denver

Last Saturday, I headed to Denver with Hannah, Lynn, Mama Cool, and Sista Cool. We were on a bit of a farewell junket before Hannah heads off to Africa.

We ate mussels and more at the Affordable French Restaurant, Le Central. It was an exotic feast, of the type you don't normally encounter.


Then it was off for some antiquing on Broadway, which generally makes me wish I had more money, or makes me feel old, when I spy some item of mine for sale at an antique shop! Hannah, Sista Cool and I grew up loving the Disney movie Robin Hood, and as you know, I have a weakness for astronauts. At Hooked On Glass, we spied this pair of lunchboxes. The number on the bottom is the price of the lunchbox, so, sadly, we couldn't purchase them for the next school year.


Finally, we ended up in the neighborhood of Murder By the Book, a Denver mystery bookstore. Sadly, they were closed, but I had to photograph the great chalk outline.

No comments: