May 14, 2008

Soothing the Savage Beast

I should be working on study guides, but hearing a song in the car today reminded me of a post I'd been meaning to do. Music is very important to me, from years studying piano and clarinet, to my love of singing loudly in the car. I have always kept a mental list of my Top Ten--the songs I always love to hear and sing along with, and immediately downloaded to my iPod. So, here's my list--mock it, or share your own.

Amanda's Top Ten Quite Cool Songs (in no particular order)
1. Ain't Too Proud to Beg--The Temptations
2. The Old Apartment--Barenaked Ladies
3. Maybe I'm Amazed--Paul McCartney
4. In Your Eyes--Peter Gabriel
5. Baba O'Riley--The Who
6. Read My Mind--The Killers
7. Diamonds on the Soles of Her Shoes--Paul Simon
8. Can't Always Get What You Want--The Rolling Stones
9. Cecilia--Simon & Garfunkel
10. Under Pressure--Queen & David Bowie

3 comments:

Hannah said...

I believe something more along the lines of "I'm not worthy" comes to mind when you list your favorite songs. I can't even call them all to mind!

Amanda said...

I would say the same to you! (i.e., not worthy in a musical sense) Which did you not call to mind?

Hannah said...

2. The Old Apartment--Barenaked Ladies
5. Baba O'Riley--The Who
6. Read My Mind--The Killers
10. Under Pressure--Queen & David Bowie

So fun to see you TWICE yesterday :)