April 03, 2009

Drinking the Swedish Lingonberry Koolade

Well, we've made it back safe and sound. Outside of the non-stop driving, the Cools enjoyed the wonderful weather and access to a pool. I won't bore you too much with how awesome my week was, since in comparrison to your week, it would make you feel small and insignificantly sad. But I will say this: quality time on the links, relaxing time in the hot tub, fabulous food, and even some world cup qualifying european football.

For the visual learners, here's the pool...










Our trusty stead, Neville...












golf...








The trip's highlight...










Swedish design, American Capitalism - so nice we shopped twice. We dropped a grip of dough at this "assemble it yourself" icon of domestic architechture - and loved every minute. Good times, good breakfast, and lots of great stuff for little Cool's nursury.

All in all, a good trip. We didn't do everything we wanted to, but we didn't do anything we didn't like. The hardest wasn't leaving to return to work, the hardest part was dealing with the cold front the swept through on the 2nd day, 74 degrees and breezy, I don't know if I could handle that again...

2 comments:

Sarah said...

mmmm... lingonberries and IKEA... I miss Sweden. Our friend from Sweden is coming soon with actual Swedish fish - can't wait! They just call them fish I think. ;) So, I'm a little slow... did you go to AZ for spring break? Looks lovely!!

Hannah said...

1) Pic of the new Mama Cool both subtle and awesome

2) Are we to assume "Mr. Cool falls in love with IKEA?"