January 01, 2012

Just in Time


So, my second skein for the Shakespeare Yarn Club is called Sweet Hero, and focuses on the tragedy that befalls innocent Hero in the play Much Ado About Nothing. It's a self-striping skein of yarn, with a black stripe alternating with a pale pink/lime green/white stripe. Black self-stripeys, as they're called, are "so hot right now!"

As the yarn content is merino/cashmere/nylon, I didn't really want to "waste" it on my feet, so I decided to make some gauntlet/mitts. The dyer of this fabulous yarn, Canon Hand Dyes, sponsored a KAL (knit-a-long) starting on Black Friday and ending today, January 1st. I just finished these up this morning, after knitting them all over Colorado and Wyoming.

They feel amazing and soft--although I think I need a punky shirt to wear with them.


They really make great, soft, warm reading mitts. I only have one skein left in this club, and it is destined to be socks. Hopefully I'll be posting about it sooner rather than later!

No comments: