June 03, 2011

Birthday Party Madness

Playing with cousin Kaitlynn and his new race cars, a favorite toy of the day. The day after his birthday, he called all his new toys, "Happy Birthday (insert toy here)!" He had "Happy Birthday hat/monkey/soccer ball, etc." It was awesome, and unprompted.

Enjoying his birthday banana split. Again, sorry for picture quality. I cannot seem to move past his crazy camera antics, or figure just what settings he changed.

Mr. Cool developed an elaborate game for the party involving multiple Barrels of Monkeys. Here, Uncle Matthew demonstrates just how big a chain of monkeys one can create.

The day after, Linc poses with his birthday banner, a fabulous gift/tradition Grammie Cool created. She made banners for Sista Cool and I, and now she makes them for Lincoln. The theme, you may be able to tell, was monkeys. (Although elephants also played a key role.)

When I first turned on my camera, it was set on black & white, which did allow me to capture this lovely image of Lincoln playing his first "Pin the Tail On . . . "Game, "Pin the Banana on the Monkey." It was a wonderful party, and I am already thinking about next year.

No comments: