February 23, 2009

And the Oscar Goes To . . .

. . . Mr. Cool. Every year, he has patiently put up with my intense need to watch every second of the Oscars, starting with the red carpet arrivals. Every year, he fills out his Oscar ballot, and seems to genuinely care who wins each category. Every year, he stays up to watch them, even if he has to get up at 4:20 AM. Every year, he gossips and shares his opinions on the Oscar gowns and hair.

I don't have much to say about the Oscars--I had a really slow year for actually viewing nominated movies--but I did enjoy Hugh Jackman's hosting. (I loved him when he hosted the Tonys, and I once saw a Great Performances featuring him in Oklahoma, which was awesome.) I also love me some Bollywood music, so that was great.

Most of all, though, I want to say thanks to Mr. Cool, for helping me enjoy the Oscars. Thanks to my husband, who has been amazing, and always believed in me, even when I didn't think I'd ever win an Oscar. I hope you picked me in the pool this year!

1 comment:

abby said...

Here's to the Wrestler soundtrack--Oscars+Bruce Springsteen!