December 06, 2008

The Defarge Scarf

Way back on Halloween (when they were just starting to put up Christmas decorations), I started knitting random codes into a roughly scarf-shaped piece of cloth. Dressed as Madame Defarge, I alternated knits, purls, k2togs, and yos as I told the students I was carefully putting their names on the list for death. Well, I ran out of yarn, and so had a bit of a scarflet, here modeled on my way to Thanksgiving dinner.


Yarn: Manos del Uruguay 100% Wool, in a beautiful colorway.
I have "pinned" my scarflet with a Scrabble bobby pin that works perfectly.


Giving the camera my best "You can tell the wind and fire to stop, but don't tell me," look.

Underneath a coat, this is just perfect for keeping my neck warm, and looks like an ascot. Only, it's in wilder colors. Yay, finished knitting!

No comments: