January 26, 2010

Stay-At-Home Mom Files: Thank Goodness It's Tuesday, or a Reversal

It takes a lot of hard work to look this cute.

When I worked a normal M-F job, I lived for and loved the weekends. Free time, time off, off work--Saturday and Sunday were the best--and, if the school board had smiled upon us, we had the joy of a Monday off to give the holy grail of the traditional employee--the three-day weekend.

Now, though, I am on call 24/7, and I have discovered a new love--the work week. Yes, I find the weekends a bit of a drag, and now live for the weekdays. Once Monday hits, I can enjoy my daytime TV, sadly absent on the weekends. I can take my little guy to stores and libraries without finding them crammed with other people. Target on a Saturday: nightmare. Target on a Tuesday: dream.

Yes, it's odd, but there is just something about a Tuesday. I wonder if I will ever truly love the weekends again.

No comments: