January 03, 2010

Christmas Knitting

I had a blast this year knitting gifts for Christmas. For the first time in a while, I had time to create gifts. I'm a bit at a loss now on what to knit, but hopefully something will come to me. Maybe I should get started on next Christmas . . .

For my knitting girls, I made magic yarn balls--I wrapped all sorts of little things into a ball of yarn. It was great fun, and now I wish I knew more people who knit so I could make them one!

For Lincoln I made a giant mitten to serve as his first stocking. It didn't turn out quite like I was hoping, but there's always next year.

For our new little niece, I made the Upside Down Daisy hat from Itty Bitty Hats. I hope she likes it more than she seems to in this photo.

For my sister-in-law, I made an XO cabled headband in some lovely Cascade Handpainted.

For my sister and brother-in-law, I made Super Wristlets (from Stitch n'Bitch), customizing his with an Apple logo. Which I did backwards, but anyway.

Any requests for next year?

3 comments:

Jennifer Miller said...

I've decided, just from your blog, I want to take up knitting! xD These looks great!!

Jennifer Miller said...

also - it looks like Linc is inside his stocking - hehe

Dan and Lynn said...

Darling stuff Amanda... I love the yarn ball idea! Lincoln's sock will be a part of your family history. How fun! Abby and I both knitters... well- I am a wanna be one but I did manage to make one scarf last year and give it to a friend for Christmas.... I need to focus...