June 24, 2009

Mommyblog Transformation


Politics, knitting, reading . . . now I base my day around feedings and diapers. I am however, excitedly typing this with both hands, as my little one has grown enough to fit into my mei tai carrier. He is fast asleep cuddled up to my chest, nice and happy, while I have hands free to type, unload the dishwasher, and fold laundry.

I am watching plenty of news, sportscenter, and other TV, but all I feel capable talking about is being a mother. They are not lying about the life transformation this is. You think you are prepared for it, but there is no possible way to be fully ready.

Starting last week, the new Cool entered an interesting phase--he leaks through his diapers. Just pee, not poop, thank goodness, but he leaks fairly constantly. The first day this became a problem, he went through eight onesies and I had to wash every shirt I was then comfortably wearing. Today, he is wearing a onesie that he a slight leakage in, and I am wearing jeans that were leaked on. We've moved on. It's just a little pure, clean baby pee. See? This is how your life changes. Those who really know me, know that I typically change clothes instantly (if possible) if I get any dirt on them, and here I am comfortably wearing jeans with baby pee on them. Of course, they are my only pair of jeans, and I've done my one load of laundry for the day.

Anyway, now that I've rediscovered my two hands, I hope to be posting on more than just L. Although, as long as I throw in a picture, I know most of my regulars won't mind.

2 comments:

mark said...

Transformational? Yes. Baby Pee - quite clean. Of course, I work at a jail - so his pee may be the cleanest thing I've touched all day. Gross, but true...

Sarah said...

Pee is sterile. It's true. I can't wait to spend some time doing laundry for you. That's true too.