July 14, 2010

Two Pins and a Rod Later: My Scar Turns One

Well, it's been 1 year since I wrecked an ATV and almost died on a fire road. Thanks to some good friends, one cop, some EMTs, and the flight for life helicopter (the green one) I made it out just fine. If you look back into the blog from around that time last year you can read the full story and some subsequent results. My leg is doing well - almost 90% - and now my brother and I have matching double-compound fracture scars. Just to reminisce, I thought I'd post some x-rays from that fatefull day.





If you look close enough you can see the 7 pieces that are my tibia - fibula. Don't forget these x-rays were taken after they pushed the bones back under my skin.






That triangle chip to the left - it actually belongs in the light triangle spot. Cool, huh!

No comments: