February 12, 2010

Knitting Olympics 2010: Opening Ceremonies

Four years ago, seminal knit-blogger Stephanie Pearl-McPhee (the Yarn Harlot) started the Knitting Olympics. This year, in honor of the Vancouver games, I will be casting on the Baby Bear from Itty Bitty Toys during the Opening Ceremony. My goal will be to complete the bear before the Closing Ceremonies, and complete the challenge of knitting and seaming together a toy, which I have never done before. As the Games progress, I will give you updates on my progress!

1 comment:

Dan and Lynn said...

Amanda-
Sounds fun!! I was knitting too last night but kept putting it down to watch the fabulous show... I learned to cast on this week... a major feat for me. I am very proud of myself! I am 2/3 done with a great red scarf. Have fun and enjoy the Olympics... know Hannah will be dearly missing them!
Love,
LTK