February 10, 2010

Bacon, Blanket, Baby Hat: Things We've Made

Over Mr. Cool's days off, we have been getting a bit crafty, with just a hint of productive. After surviving the Colts loss on Sunday (which has been exacerbated by the dozens of stories on how this is going to save New Orleans, which, really? It might have brought them some hope and a good time, but economic development and real work on housing will probably do more than a football game, but maybe I'm just bitter.), we got to work.


The heart will be explained more in a few days. For now, just enjoy the contemplative lad upon his new blankie.


Mr. Cool and I have been the king and queen of tied fleece blankets for some time now, and it was time to whip up one for our boy, who was starting to outgrow his baby blankets. As you can tell, his blanket is adorned with knights, castles, horses, and dragons, and should last him a good while. He slept peacefully under it last night.


I had a baby shower on Sunday, so I decided to whip up a little hat. I wanted to make a more elaborate hat, but I ran out of time, so I went with a basic pattern (the Stitch 'n Bitch Umbilical Cord Hat), and made it in two colors of Cotton-Ease. I think it could be a cherry, a tomato, an apple--any reddish fruit/vegetable with a greenish stem. (The cookie jar was kind enough to model it for me.


And finally, Mr. Cool made supper last night. I was breaking down a butternut squash for Lincoln and I to eat this week, so he took it upon himself to whip up some bacon, french toast, and juice. It was quite a yummy meal, but I'd like it to be noted that I don't photograph every meal I prepare!

No comments: