December 19, 2009

Lining a Hat

A question was asked about lining the half-birthday hat, so I thought I'd post a few things. First, I'm no sewing expert or hat expert. The directions in the pattern said to lay the hat on the fleece and cut around. So, I did that. I then whipstitched the side seam of the lining, pushed the lining into the hat, and started whipstitching. I used plain old thread, black, and it hid right in there. I followed the edging, turned the hat inside out, and then stitched around the inside. It went fast, and is surprisingly sturdy. It doesn't look gorgeous, but it works!

Stay tuned after Christmas for pics of all my Christmas knitting--if all goes well over the next six days, four people will be getting knitted gifts! An all-time record!

1 comment:

Jana said...

Thanks! I'll have to try that if I ever get around to knitting the ear flap hat I've been planning.