July 02, 2011

My First Shawl: Botany Kerchief


Botany Kerchief knit in 2 skeins of Manos del Uruguay Maxima, purchased on sale at My Sister Knits in Ft. Collins (my favorite yarn store!)

I cast on at the very end of May, when I was going through a bit of startitis (a condition that causes you to start many, many projects.)

This one stuck. I finished and blocked it last night while watching LOTR extras.

I took it to the park this morning with Lincoln and I, and armed with my gorillapod tripod, photographed it in some beautiful overcast light. The colors are pretty accurate.

I really love the gentle effect of this space-dyed yarn, and how it pairs with the simple, leafy lace and reverse stockinette.

I look forward to wearing it this fall and winter, and I hope I won't look this grumpy while I'm wearing it. I think my timer caught me keeping an eye on my Lincoln!

2 comments:

hapi said...

Hi Amanda, Nice blog you got here! try visit my new post: Blog SEO Tutorial: How to Choose the Best Title For Post. I hope you will learn something from it. Have a great day!

Dan and Lynn said...

That is lovely. The edging looks very complicated. Yikes! You really are a knitter now. You look great too!!!