December 27, 2010

Christmas Knitting Revealed! Part One


First off, we gave Lincoln a drum for Christmas. We are awesome parents--that, and I really love breaking out the egg shakers during folksy songs. But now, to round one of revealing some of my mystery Christmas knitting this year--I still have one Christmas celebration to go, so not all can be revealed.


Mr. Cool received a replacement hat (he lost his first one!) knit in Wool-Ease Thick and Quick (a yarn name that begs for a classic Office joke, which I won't type here, as my mom reads this blog) and a pair of mittens knit in Patons meant either for a photographer or a sharpshooter.


Wee Cool received the a very homely bear, knit in Noro Kureyon and begun for the Knitting Olympics. (At first, he was excited, but as you can see in this picture, he is realizing that the ears are misaligned, the arms overstuffed, and the tail badly off-center.)


He also received a little elephant finger puppet, which turned out much better than the larger bear.


My own dear Papa Cool received this pair of classy fingerless mitts, knit in Patons.


Very hip brotha-in-law Cool received this tie, knit from Prairie Silks, as only he is cool enough to pull it off.


My mom received a little bluebird of happiness knit in Wyoming wool from a Ewe Count kit.


My young and hip knitting pal had requested a Rudolph finger puppet, so here he is, although his antlers are hanging on by a thread!


My often chilly but always loved Mama Cool received a hot water bottle cozy, knit in Patons Shetland Chunky Tweed, which encases a difficult-to-find hot water bottle, which hopefully cozies up her toes.


And for my Uncle's gift card gift, I made up this small mitten holder/ornament in an hour!

So, as you can see, it was a very knitted Christmas, and following subsequent celebrations, I have about 7 more things to show off!

For my knitting readers, I tried to link to every pattern I used--the hot water bottle is a Ravelry download, and the mitten was my own hacking of a Better Homes & Garden Christmas craft.

No comments: