May 09, 2010

My First Mother's Day

Pick me up, mama!

Today is my first "real" Mother's Day. As my babe turns 1 at the end of this month, I have been a mom for almost a whole year. A huge shout-out to my mom, for whom I have even more appreciation and love, now that I have experienced this motherhood thing. And now, a Mother's Day Top Ten.

Top Ten Things I Like About Being a Mama

10. When Lincoln is asleep and I can read, knit, surf the web, clean, or chat with someone, at a hugely more efficient rate than I ever have before.
9. When Lincoln is awake and I can chat with him!
8. When nursing with me is the most comforting thing in his universe.
7. When people in the store comment on how cute he is.
6. When I see how happy my parents are with their grandbaby, and my sister is with her nephew.
5. When he gets so excited about cheerios and eats them so precisely.
4. When he gets so excited about squash and wolfs it down.
3. When he concentrates on something--like the blocks he stacked this week!
2. When he dances to music.
1. When he snuggles up to me, and I realize that though I could also make a Top Ten list on the things I don't like about being a mama, the things I do like are worth so much more.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amanda, What a sweet gift your blogs are to all of us. What a wonderful and extremely cute boy the Lord has blessed us with! Thanks for sharing him so often with us. I have always loved being your mom and now Lincoln's grammie! You are a great mom!
Lovingly,
Mom